What are you doing on Tuesday, November 29? That day is Giving Tuesday—a global day of kindness, generosity, and giving. As a nonprofit organization, Encore Creativity for Older Adults relies on the generosity of our supporters, and that spirit of generosity is in everything we do. Every act of giving—whether in time, action, or donation—helps Encore to create a welcoming space for older adults in the arts and support our efforts to improve the health of those 55 and older.
The idea for Encore began as part of an NEA-funded study to investigate the health benefits of choral singing in older adults, and since then, we have been a thought leader and voice for older adults in the arts. We thrive on messages of hope, healing, and joy – and we couldn’t do it without you!
This year on Giving Tuesday, your donation will support the five areas of focus in the Jeanne Kelly Fund. Take a look at what your gift will do!
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, bringing our ensembles to underserved communities and creating opportunity for those of all backgrounds;
- Expand our therapeutic Arts for Life programs that connect those with cognitive change with their care partners through song;
- Nationally expand our programs into new communities;
- Recruit and retain leadership and artistic staff working tirelessly to support you and your musical journey; and
- Leverage new technologies and expand Encore University and other online offerings to make the arts accessible to all who seek it, no matter where they are.
Of course, you may also make a kind donation to our other funds:
- Annual operating fund: Supports our current programs, enhances our reach in our current communities, and funds our operating costs
- Scholarship fund: Helps to give the gift of singing to all who seek it – our scholarship fund pays tuition costs for our singers with financial need
- ROCKS fund: Provides funding for new initiatives with our ROCKS ensembles
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Add Giving Tuesday to your calendar!
- Get a head start. Click here to donate to Encore Creativity for Older Adults! Your kindness and generosity will help support the physical, mental, and emotional health of older adults everywhere!
- Follow us on Facebook! We’ll share updates and stories throughout the day about the amazing difference you and others in our community are making. You can donate to Encore directly through Facebook.
- Spread the word by telling your friends, family, and coworkers how the joy of singing has helped you. Then, invite them to join you in making a difference!
We hope you’ll join us on Giving Tuesday!